If directions to your business assignment find you standing at the corner of “Boss Hog Drive” and “Hog Haven Road” you better have serious solutions for what happens on a hog farm! With Advanced Composting Technologies headquarters located in NC and the high population of swine farms in our state, it was a bit of a natural market for us to develop the capabilities of our ACT Swine Mortality Management system. We especially encourage you to review our Swine Mortality Application Brief report, and go to our Photo Gallery for numerous examples of our construction, operation, and real-world examples of our composting systems.
ACT has been extremely successful in helping large, high volume swine growers improve their farm’s operation with our innovative and robust Forced Air Composting System. The recent addition of our “Compost Special” mixer onto our process has been a huge innovation on our composting system. Via work with independent growers and coordination with the Dept. of Agriculture (NRCS) and with the blessing of integrator partners such as Murphy Brown and Prestage, we have been able to bring our high performance, and cost effective composting solutions to meet the Mortality Management requirements of today’s progressive swine grower.
With ACT’s origin in North Carolina and the high concentration of pork producers in our state, our Swine Mortality Composting Solution has been widely deployed and proven across growers of all sizes. The large number of successful installations into such a tight-knit community of growers and integrators is testimony to the cost-savings and performance we deliver to the grower. The sheer weight of the mortality and scope of larger farms make these truly industrial, heavy use sites, and showcase the performance of our Forced-Air composting systems. Our installations include entry-level configurations, up to farms that are processing over 2.2 million pounds of mortality waste per year, so our systems can scale to a robust, industrial level.
Most of our swine mortality systems feature our robust, custom turnkey solutions built for rugged, daily use with standard farm equipment. We also have a retrofit option for growers who have existing bin configurations that need a high performance upgrade. This option include all the necessary components to build and operate an industrial duty composting operation, utilizing the ACT Forced Air, and Closed Loop systems for environmentally responsible composting.
- Pre-processing: Cuts time to finished product and eliminates leachate system
- Reduces farm BioSecurity risk: No rendering trucks visiting farm
- Inexpensive + clean: Eliminates fossil fuel costs & mess of incineration systems
- Safe, environmentally sound: Farm compost process approved by EPA, NRCS
- Accommodates spikes in mortality: Very scalable on daily needs
- Adjusts to seasons: Fully operational in sub-freezing environments
- Closed loop system: No runoff waste
- Industrial use: Designed for industrial use with standard farm equipment
- Solution approved: For Murphy Brown, Prestige grower networks
- Funding: Approved for NRCS “Cost Share” funding
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”25″ gal_title=”Swine Mortality”]