Industrial Duty, Built to Scale
ACT’s modular systems of both industrial custom turnkey, and industrial kit installation options allow us to size the composting system to fit the volume needs of each DOT application. Some DOT departments may configure smaller systems to support several counties, or larger systems to satisfy needs for a larger area. Working with planners at each DOT operation, we can scale the ACT Roadkill Composting site to match the budget and roadkill mortalities expected for the area served. Some of our configurations can even be designed in such a format to meet construction, site, and budgeting guidelines to avoid “Capital Budgeting” approvals within State regulations. Most importantly, the ACT Forced Air Composting systems compensate for huge variances in feedstock, both in terms of size and quantity of animals needing to be processed. Output compost from our ACT systems is environmentally friendly, does not have odor, and can provide ample output for DOT uses for landscaping, or optionally for sale.
Individual Kit Options
Our DOT/Roadkill installations are often, custom turnkey solutions built for rugged, daily use with standard road-working/farm style equipment. ACT also offers a “kit” option for circumstances where the user prefers to do their own site installations, or perhaps have existing bin configurations that need a high performance upgrade. These kit options include all the necessary components to build and operate an industrial duty composting operation, utilizing the ACT Forced Air, and Closed Loop systems for environmentally responsible composting.
- Inexpensive + clean: Eliminates fossil fuel costs & mess of incineration systems
- Safe, environmentally sound: “Green” operation, environmental stewardship
- Accommodates spikes in mortality: Very scalable on daily needs
- Adjusts to seasons: Fully operational in sub-freezing environments
- Closed loop system: No runoff waste
- No pre-processing: Handles extremely large animals without pre-processing
- Industrial use: Designed for industrial use with standard DOT/road-work equipment
- Clean compost: Ready for resource use, source of landscaping material
- Scalable to use/budget: Site size is custom configured to usage requirements